Thursday, July 14, 2011

Today I Celebrate...

Yesterday after learning of the loss of a dear Friend’s Mother, despite the threat of a storm, the gloomy sky, having no plans for accommodations and only 20 minutes to spare, spontaneously I rushed from a long day at the office to the Port Kent dock in NY and hopped a ferry boat to Burlington, Vermont. What a pleasant and refreshing surprise! Chatted with some really nice folks on the hour long ferry ride across Lake Champlain and a beautiful rainbow, certainly in honor of Mrs. Bracey, welcomed us as we approached Burlington, a beautiful and very trendy little city with a foreign feel and just by the lake. Had to keep reminding myself that I was in the states...

Although the July night was a little cool and felt more like late September, I enjoyed the folks, the music and the sites on Church Street and late night sidewalk dining at Bangkok Bistro, a cute little Thai restaurant with friendly people and wonderful service. Because it was Thai food, I convinced myself that I would not wake up wearing my late night indulgence around my waist. I comforted my conscience by skipping Ben & Jerry’s ice cream, a local and homegrown favorite, for dessert. Now that’s willpower!!! (smile)

Today I celebrate my free spirit & highly recommend exploring the wonders beyond what is familiar to us. Step outside the box and see what you might find... Burlington, Vermont. Who Knew?

Special Love to Jo & Her Family & Happy Thursday to Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment