Tuesday, August 26, 2014

I Was Thinking This Morning...

As I walked around Accra (Ghana) this morning taking in my surroundings, the term "third world" crossed my mind. It is a term that I have always rejected. It connotes an air of superiority. It implies somehow that there is a "first world". Never heard anyone speak of a "first world". And hey!, didn't civilization begin in what is now considered "third world"? What was the "first world" doing while the "third world" was toiling in all its brilliance to lay the ground work for the rest of civilization? Just wonderin'... Oh! and is there a "second world"? Never heard tell of that either... Hmmm....

Seemingly citizens adapt to their assigned classification, physically, mentally, socially, for the good, for the bad and otherwise...

Lesson: Never underestimate the power of suggestion. It can permeate your mind and totally distort how you see yourself, for the good, for the bad and otherwise... 

I was thinking this morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment