Saturday, June 3, 2023

Consumer Beware

I feel duped! I recently purchased a very expensive phone from what I thought was a Verizon store. As you see in the photo below, it looked like Verizon, it quacked like Verizon, as a customer I thought it was Verizon. Bait and switch condoned by Verizon. Why? 


It was actually an "independent retailer" not a Verizon corporate store. I cannot just go to any "Verizon" store and get service or upgrade products. Somehow it is expected that I, the consumer, can distinguish between the real Verizon and the knock off when the brick and mortar and the logo look exactly the same! I am so disgusted right now. I feel defenseless somehow, up a creek without a paddle and no safety net...


I travel a lot. I even bought this phone 40 minutes away from my house not realizing that it would matter. There is a Verizon in my front yard. I learned yesterday when I went there that they cannot help me because the "Verizon" store I shopped at is actually a Cellular Sales store. Is that what the photo below says? I guess I was supposed the read the fine print on the door? Come on Verizon! Respect your customer more than this.. 


I need to be able to go to any store and know that I can receive service. Not to mention that I now lack confidence in the product I received. Is it a knock off too?  Great customer service rep but afraid for my 30 days to end when I can flex whatever muscle I have. Then what? 


Shame on you Verizon! Consumer beware!!!




2 comments:

  1. I guess the small print trumps the big sign

    ReplyDelete
  2. The same thing happened to me with Sprint - which is no longer in business I think it is something all of the phone companies do.

    ReplyDelete