Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Justice For Tierra; Detained in Dubai

 


Talk about crazy! The embedded Newsweek article fails to emphasize that Tierra Allen, 29, is a young Black Woman being detained in Dubai for daring to respond in kind to a presumably Muslim man yelling at her.

This is not the first I am hearing of a Black Woman being arrested and detained in Dubai over some BS!

I respect that each country  has the right to do as it pleases, enforce laws that make  sense to them. I respect that I do not have to understand or agree with said laws nor do I believe outsiders have the right to try and change or westernize the laws of other countries. More  importantly, however, I recognize that I am under no obligation to visit said countries. So, I don't...

Dubai is officially scratched off my list of places to visit. Read this article and be informed about the petty things others have been detained for.

Be well informed about a country before you travel.

Kudos to Tierra's Mom, Tina Baxter, for getting this in the public eye and to Newsweek for publishing her story. This is likely a much bigger problem and happening more often than we know. Hopefully, the magazine and other news sources will be inspired to launch an investigative series. How many people are detained in Dubai? How many of them are women? Black Women? Inquiring and traveling minds should want to know...

Meanwhile, share this article with others, pressure US officials to get Tierra home and stay the hell out of Dubai OR at least be sure to know the laws before you get there! This could very easily be you. Think about it...

https://www.newsweek.com/american-woman-jail-dubai-trucker-tierra-allen-dubai-screaming-1813320

#JusticeForTierra


3 comments:

  1. (I'll add that I appreciate your saying that "My passion is to uplift." There seems to be PLENTY of degrading (and "dark") junk abroad today...in movies and on TV today. Very disappointing!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for writing this!

    ReplyDelete