Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Black Men Hurt Too...

Can I say Black Men Hurt Too and perhaps that is why they find the "truth" of For Colored Girls so upsetting and/or as painful to watch as do their sisters??? I'm Just Askin'...

A friend suggested that perhaps they are pained because some of them see their present or former selves in the movie. Some see reflections of men they knew/know and whose behavior they have come to tolerate or excuse. Others may hurt because 30+ years later our relationships with one another seem to have progressed so very little and some just simply hurt because they are tired of Brothas getting a bad rap! I'm Just Guessin' but I Get It... I feel my Brotha's pain...

I accept that WE've Got Work To Do and a new generation to save! I AM WILLING...

Roll Up Your Sleeves Folks!

Happy Tuesday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment