Sunday, April 3, 2011

On This Day In Black History... (April 3, 2011)


  • 1883 ~ H.H Reynolds patented window ventilator for railroad cars

  • 1888 ~ A.B. Blackburn patented spring seats for chairs

  • 1950 ~ Carter G. Woodson, the Father of Black History, dies

  • 1961 ~ Eddie Murphy was born. Where is he???

  • 1964 ~ Malcolm X delivered his historic "The Ballots or the Bullet" speech, outlining the Black nationalist political perspective, at the Cory Methodist Church in Cleveland, OH

  • 1968 ~ Dr. Martin Luther King delivered his "I've Been To the Mountain Top" speech in at Bishop Charles J. Mason Temple Memphis, TN "...it really doesn't matter with me now, because I've been to the mountaintop. And I don't mind. Like anybody, I would like to live a long life. Longevity has its place. But I'm not concerned about that now..." It was his last public appearance and final address before his assassination and the nation's tragic loss...

  • 1990 ~ Sarah Vaughn, Jazz Singer, died

  • 1996 ~ Ron Brown, 1st Black DNC Chair and 1st Black Secty of Dept of Commerce died in a plane crash

No comments:

Post a Comment