Wednesday, September 5, 2012

DNC 2012 Day One!!!

Greetings From DNC Convention 2012!

After last night's display of fantastic and thoughtful speakers, I do not have to tell you that I AM FIRED UP & READY TO GO!!!

Tickets were hard to come by so I felt blessed from the beginning. My two goals in attending were to hear both the First Lady and President Obama. So I knew that I needed to get passes for both Tuesday and Thursday night events. Thursday night tickets were pretty much confirmed. I did not, however, have confirmed seating to hear the First Lady speak last night.

MUCH to my delight, one of my contacts paid off and I did manage to get in to hear First Lady Obama live. As it turns out, she was the icing on a very appetizing cake. From beginning to end, each speaker mesmerized the audience with dignity, grace, compassion, intellect and genuine concern for the plight and well being of ALL Americans! They engaged the audience and made clear that the choice in this election is very clear! VOTE FOR THE GUY THAT HAS YOUR BACK!!!

Throughout the evening I was texting away making sure that close Friends and Family were tuned in and not missing this spectacular event. As the night went on I could not believe that the next speaker could be any better or even compare to the previous speaker. I was happy to repeatedly be proved wrong. Amazingly, one after the other gave the most powerful and compelling speech I have ever heard some of them give. Fellow attendees and I high fived, chanted and cheered them on!

We were inspired by a colorful display of eloquent, passionate, articulate and strong willed Democratic Congresswomen and female Democratic candidates. The late Ted Kennedy was channeled via video clips and warned the undecided voter not to be fooled by the many faces of Mitt Romney who was equally inconsistent on the issues in 1994 during a Massachusetts Senator race in which he was soundly defeated by the late Senator. I texted my Friends that the party would be crazy not to use some combination of those videos for a strong campaign message. Mr. Romney leaves no room for doubt that he will say or do ANYthing to get elected. All of the speakers warned of the dangers of this type of "leadership".

Lilly Ledbetter was visibly moved by an audience that could identify with her story and her passion and appreciation for a President who believed in her, in women, in equality and never hestiated to sign a historic piece of legislation that will benefit all women. We witnessed the birth of one who could conceivably follow in President Obama's footsteps and be the next minority Presidential candiate. His speech and his story was phenomenal!!! Governors, Mayors, Real Families, Enlightened former republicans, etc., all challenged us to get out the vote and to leave no mistake about the clear choice and whose got our back in this election.

The evening began with Mayor Corey Booker firing up the base and concluded with First Lady Obama sealing the deal! While First Lady Obama was speaking, I texted to my Friends that in an arena filled to the rafters, one could hear a pin drop. She fully engaged the audience and commanded our total attention and respect. She is a First Lady in every aspect of the term. She looked positively stunning and every woman in earshot was impressed with her perfect physique. It was a wonderful evening at the conclusion of a perfect day!

Days Two and Three will be harpressed to outdo Day One. Stay Tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment