Sunday, May 14, 2017

Be The Flower...



As yet another Mother’s Day approaches I am reflective and thankful for my Mother. Thirty Mother's days without her and still I am filled with happy thoughts and fond memories of having had a Mother the likes of which some may never know. My Mother was my best friend, my confidant, she was my world... She encouraged me to be independent, to trust my intuition and to believe in myself. When times were tough my Mother taught me to appreciate the small things in life. She taught me that the glass was not half empty; but half full. It comforts me to know that when my Mother’s earthly journey ended, she was confident of my undying and unconditional love for her.


Familial relationships can be challenging, and I am by no means one to judge or to tell others how to manage them. Each of us has to do that which serves us best in our relationships with others, including family. On this Mother’s Day I remind you that if you are blessed to have a Mother who loves, cherishes and has sacrificed for you, do your damnedest to reciprocate...

Shower your Mother with petals of love and affection all the days of her life. Don’t wait for Mother’s day to give her roses. Make certain that when her journey ends and you give her flowers for but another reason, let only happy memories guide your grief. Leave no room for sorrow or guilt about what you coulda', shoulda' or woulda' done or said to or for her. Be the consistent and ever blossoming flower in your Mom's bouquet on this day and everyday you are blessed to have her... 

Happy Mother's Day Folks!







8 comments:

  1. Thank you Helen. My three years is only a blink compared to your thirty, but the memories are sweet for my mother and both my grandmothers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a BEAUTIFUL message. Thanks for sharing and reminding. Your Mom is surely proud of the woman she raised in you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a BEAUTIFUL message. Thanks for sharing and reminding. Your Mom is surely proud of the woman she raised in you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Miss Higgi for your words of kindness.Our mothers loved each of us unconditionally.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Helen for sharing your thoughts and Blessings on Mother's Day and may your mom live on in your heart today and everyday! Always- Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderfully said Helen. Thank you for sharing, inspiring and reminding us. We too give honor to the woman who afforded us the opportunity to know wonderful you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Charlotte Anita StanfordMay 15, 2017 at 11:14 PM

    Thank You Helen, I needed this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing. Your message was so uplifting and inspiring. Be blessed always.

    ReplyDelete