Thursday, November 12, 2020

I'm Just Tired...



I can dig it!


I'm just tired, mentally and emotionally that is... My soul, my spirit, my being, I feel trapped... For those who know me, this comes as no surprise...

My escapism when all is not well in my world or sometimes to simply refuel for no particular reason, is to take flight. No cure like getting on a plane and waking up in some place new. No cure like it all! My motto is "Some people do drugs, I do airplanes". I NEED an airplane BAAAD y'all...


Of course a good solo road trip with some good ole' Old Skool' music, lots of sunshine, plenty of highway miles before me, meeting good people along the way brings me great joy too. For fear of COVID laced hotel rooms, I have not done that either. 2020 has been a wash!

2020 was supposed to be a year filled with lots of joy and new beginnings. Even the sound of "2020" has a joyous ring. Lots of folks had grand ideas and plans for the start of the new decade. Hats off to those who had the fortitude to make lemonade and get shit done. I seriously applaud you!

2020 was a milestone year for me. I had planned a glorious trip back to Bahia, Brazil for a beach party with friends to celebrate me! Didn't happen. 2025? Ah, we'll see... 2020 was not a total wash. At least we got that idiot out of the white house... Thank you smart Americans!!!

It has been ONE year since last I took flight. Last November I went to Nairobi, Kenya. Had I known I was going to get stuck stateside, I would have remained abroad. Not necessarily in Kenya but certainly some place else...

I had thought I would try to get a quick fix by taking a short jaunt for Christmas but with COVID on the rise and greedy airlines packing flights again, I don't see that happening. I am moving into a more spacious and lots of windows and natural light! Thank You Lord! I suppose that in the meantime, at least for the temporary, my new digs will be my newness, my means of escape where my soul will find peace and contentment, my mind will find rest and I won't feel so tired. I'm claiming it...

It's raining. So no walk today...

And that is Miss Higgi's Thursday morning rant! Make it a good day!!!

2 comments:

  1. Darlene Walker-- I feel you Helen. I was suppose to deliver the keynote commencement 🎓 address at the International Model School, Cotonou, Benin this past July 2020, and check on my peeps in Ghana after...being intentionally content in my present being. Restoration is on the horizon! I will make it a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I hear yah Sis" your favorite saying when I am bitching..I too am exhausted even though I am abroad the ties to Amerikka and HIS dramas are wrecking havoc on my mental state. I stay strong for my son. Believe me I am tired and really could float on because I am content and have enjoyed this one life I was given. So when you do not hear from me much, it is because I am refueling my soul as amerikka has depleted me so low. Big Sis you are always welcome to refuel your soul here in South America.

    ReplyDelete