Monday, September 6, 2021

Live For Your Happy





Two days ago I found out that this beautiful woman who I met when I was traveling solo in Cartagena, Colombia, lost her life...


She was the manager at the hotel I stayed at and she just took me in. She showed me a lovely time telling me all the wonderful things to do during my visit. She gave me an extra night at the hotel for free! I went to a party at her home. When my friend decided to relocate there, she took her and her son in until they found their own place. She and her family became our family in Colombia. She was just a wonderful, wonderful woman. Beautiful inside and out. Our last communication was on Mother's  Day. I sent her a cute photo giving her her flowers. I am so glad I let her know that I was thinking of her...


When I was in Colombia in 2014, she was just beginning to develop an affection for motorcycles. Since then, her interest had escalated to the bike you see her riding in this photo below which was just taken last month, in August. Sadly, she lost her life on the back of another cycle driven by a friend. Horses were crossing the road and their speed was too much to stop. They died on impact. Thank You God. No suffering...


I will miss her. Columbia won't be the same without her. I am comforted however that she died doing what she loved. I hope to be so lucky. If not doing what I love, at least with assurance that I lived the life that I loved...


People, life is so short. No one needs to understand or approve of what you do or do not do in your life. Live your life for you! Sadly, Helena left a beautiful little girl who's only 14 and I'm sure, too, that her Mom must be devastated. I pray for their peace...


But what she did do was be a  beautiful, beautiful person to so many in her short time on this earth. She gave joy to many between the brief dashes defining the span of her life. She lived her life on her terms. I am sure, therefore, that she rests in peace. I miss you my beautiful friend... 💔



As tomorrow is promised to no one, live YOUR life to the fullest! Live For YOUR Happy...









3 comments:

  1. May her beautiful soul Rest In Peace 🙏🏾

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tribute honoring a lively human being!! Great and needed reminder to all to live yheir best life...no regrets and the reality if the fragility of life and uncertainty of out last day. Praying for her 14 yr old daughter and family and YOU in your memories...LIVE for YOUR Happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank u for sharing such enlightening piece.

    ReplyDelete