Sunday, January 22, 2012

Miss Higgi on Red Tails...

On yesterday I stole a moment to go see Red Tails. It was a movie well done and certainly I strongly recommend that you see it too. However, I found myself imagining that Cuba's character was being played by the late, great and ever talented Adolph Caesar. I kept longing to see Denzel's fine face and fine acting on the big screen. But then I realized that that was "then" and this is "now". "Then" was Glory, Soldier's Story or HBO's movie depiction of the Tuskegee Airmen. The "Now" story about the heroics of Black men in uniform has previously been told, been tried and did very well at the box office...

That being said, Red Tails was an excellent movie and hats off to George Lucas for producing it. The moral is, that when a quality movie featuring a majority Black cast is produced and marketed well, box office revenues will correlate... I am sick of hearing "Hollywood" use the lame excuse that such movies are not profitable as some lame reason or excuse not to produce them or alternatively as an excuse to keep producing offensive and stereotypical junk movies about Black people. Produce a quality product, market it well, distribute it to enough theaters and more often than not, it will sell, just as does any other movie... It really is just that simple... I'm Just Sayin'...

GO SEE THE MOVIE FOLKS! It is nicely done...

1 comment: