Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Strange Fruit in 2012...


I live in upstate NY where I am President of a local branch of the NAACP. On Monday I received a call from a member reporting that there was a Black doll baby hanging from a tree in a nearby town. Ironically, later that day, I had business near that town. I decided to do a drive by and Lo & Behold, in Endwell, NY in 2012 there actually stood a very tall and leafless tree bearing "Strange Fruit"!!! I could not believe it!!!


Here is the link for the eventual story... http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2012204020364  The homeowner would have you believe that his 8 or 10 year child playfully and casually threw the doll up in this very high tree some 6 months ago, it got dirty or "molded" while up there, thus giving the appearance that it is a Black doll AND that it just happened to innocently suspend in a manner that resembles hanging from a noose... OK... You Decide...

No comments:

Post a Comment