Thursday, July 16, 2015

Can You Imagine?



Can you imagine that you give your children everything, not only material but love too. You work your ass off so they will never know hunger, will always have a roof overhead, clothes on their back, an education and all the necessities of life. You adore them! You raise them to know that there is nothing in life you would not do for them, even die for them... And then in your greatest time of need, when you need them to save your life, they are not there for you, physically or emotionally. They don't even bother to call on your birthday, on Mother's/Father's Day, not even on Christmas. They don't bring the grands by to see you? Tomorrow could be your last day and NOTHING!!! Can you imagine???


Folks often ask me what will I do when I get old and have no children to care for me. Are you kidding? I tell them that I'll be sitting in a nursing home right next to them! Only difference is, I won't be longingly spending my days endlessly watching the door desperately hoping that some child I raised will come to visit me... Instead, I will be gleefully flirting with the cute young attendant, who in my mind still finds me drop dead sexy. I will be rocking away in my chair watching TV or reminiscing about all the good times I had while my fellow residents sacrificed their dreams, their lives, their health to raise these children who have now deposited them in a nursing home never to come see them... I will be content and accepting of my lot in life. Sad but something has gone wrong! Terribly, terribly wrong?


Stop over indulging these kids folks and making them think that the world not only revolves around them but did not evolve until they were born. Stop calling little girls "princess", they take that shit literally. Stop buying their love with material things, leave them something to earn or to look forward to. Stop making excuses for their bad behavior because everything they do ain't cute. Just Stop it!!!


Start holding your children accountable and let them fail. Newsflash: There is no ninth place prize. Ninth place means you lost and that you should dust yourself off and try it again!!!


Where are we headed? These children are our future. How will the next generation treat their parents? What will their children do to or for them? Scary prospect to even consider... If you see yourself in this post, if you are neglecting your parents or over indulging your children misleading them to believe they walk on water, can do no wrong, that they are perfect little "angels" and that the mold was broken the day they were born, PLEASE STOP! JUST STOP!!! It is serving no one well, most of all you, not to mention them and future generations who are watching and learning from us...


I recommend that my Friends children watch the movie classic, Imitation of Life. If they watch til' the end, they will see what is to be their destiny. They will not be able to look to me for sympathy and understanding. In their time of need, as they have not been for their Father, I will not be there for them...


Can you imagine? I mean really can you imagine? Nor could my Friends. Do the right thing parents. Stop spoiling your children...

                            

Feeling ESPECIALLY disgusted with my Friends awful children this morning so I vent. Forgive me...

1 comment:

  1. I'm not saying your wrong, I'm just saying... Not only hold your children accountable but ourselves in terms of the generation of children we created and the time spent not valuing our adult lives and futures. It's not jsut what you can do for others but also what you can do yourself to help others help themselves. Let us all be more responsible to each other.

    ReplyDelete