Saturday, December 19, 2015

Be Merry!!!

Talk about coincidence...
Two years ago I shared a story about leaving my keys in a taxi and a couple who I did not know saw me panicking as the taxi drove away and unbeknownst to me and not knowing me or what I left in the taxi, chased the driver down, retrieved my keys and somehow miraculously found me in the lobby of my building stressing about what I was going to do. They were beyond nice and went beyond the call of duty for me, a total stranger. I was so thankful. They would not let me do anything to repay them for their good deed...
Fast forward a month or so ago I parked my car in the wrong spot where I live and after two days of waiting for me to move my car, the complex finally had it towed. I was relieved it cost me only $136 and that I finally had cause to drive it when I did for with every passing day the bill would have been mounting. It could have cost me a helluva' lot more. I left a thoughtful note of apology on the windshield of the inconvenienced driver.
The space I parked in was only four spaces from where I should have parked. What was I thinking? Who knows??? Anyway, I have been hopeful to physically see the person to really apologize. Parking in Harlem is a bear so I know the inconvenience I caused them. Well lo and behold, finally last night we arrived home at the same time. Can you believe it? It is that same couple! What are the chances of that? There are six high rise buildings with 26 floors each where I live. You can live here and literally never see or meet your neighbors.
The husband recognized me right away as I approached his vehicle. He smiled and said Miss Helen! While I would have never recognized him, my recall for names and faces stinks!, when he said that I knew instantly who he was! AMAZING!!! We laughed and caught up on what has happened in the last year or so, I met his children and was hit instantly with how I will repay he and his wife for being so kind when I truly needed an angel. I will go to Kids R Us and get a nice gift card so that they may get something extra to put under the tree for the children.
Life is something and the world is so small. I was so tickled by my chance meeting. Just wanted to share it with you all too!
Tis' the Season.. Be Jolly, Be Merry, Be Good to others and Always thankful when others are good to you!
Be a Blessing! Receive a Blessing! It's called Karma.
Merry Christmas Folks!


2 comments:

  1. Very nice story...I have learned, the longer you live the smaller your circle becomes. I have been unbelievably shock at the crossing of paths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful...And yes, that was a bargain for towing in NY.

    ReplyDelete