Friday, July 22, 2016

In the Midst of the Noise...

I awake this morning in the midst of all the noise having ended one day losing a very dear Friend of almost 40 years and greeting another day preparing to say farewell to a very dear and loved one...

I awake this morning in the midst of all the noise looking for solace, peace and an understanding...

I awake this morning in the midst of all the noise of crazy politics, inexplicable and heart breaking killings, a disruption in world peace as we know it

I awake this morning in the midst of madness thankful for a better appreciation of what truly is important...

I awake this morning clinging on to life and wanting very much, at least for the moment, for the noise to just stop...

  

 












Love you Otis! Love you Clyde! Gonna miss you both like you will never know. Thanks for the love. Thanks for the memories! Happy that at least your noise has stopped...

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem... the good thing in all this is... You awoke to a new day, you could hear the noise, and recognize it for what it is... The noise of life. So glad to have you here with us today.

    Thanks for sharing this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had known them. I missed out.

    ReplyDelete