Tuesday, November 6, 2018

NO EXCUSES!!! VOTE!!!


What will today bring? None of us knows... Sadly some of my angst has to do with dirty politics. I wish I could feel confident that the process of democracy was truly valued in this country as so we tout and that the process of our politics respected the will and the presence of We the People at the ballot box. Not so sure. Folks want to win at any expense, are scared shitless (on both sides for different reasons) and will stop at nothing to be declared the victor...

With that being said, our presence at the polls is just that much more imperative. Sitting it out today just ain't an option. Although I want that we are less predictable in our voting and I do want that we exercise different options and make politicians earn our votes instead of our blind loyalty to any one party, this ain't the election to make that point.

Normally I would not advocate straight ticket voting but I do today. To do otherwise is to endorse what is happening to America which ain't making it great for most of us... No matter the intent or the position of the red candidate, to vote republican today is to send a message to the reincarnation of hitler occupying our white house and no matter the position of the red candidate, he will boldly claim it as such... To vote red today is an endorsement of a message of hate, xenophobia, misogyny and racial division. To vote red today says that the killing and maiming of innocent people at the hands of angry white supremacists is OK... To vote red today says that you are not bothered that America has lost global credibility and has become an international laughing stock... To vote red today just sends a bad message on so many levels but most importantly, to vote red today says you don't give a damn about the next generation. I am not a parent but...

It is 6am. The polls just opened in NYC. I only have to walk to my lobby and vote. I don't even have to take off my pajamas. Not that it was ever an option but it is just too easy for me not to vote. I hope that you will not allow anything to get in the way of your voting today. If for no other reason, be inspired to vote today because folks tried to stop you from voting! They KNOW that your vote counts. Show them that you do too!

Vote like your freedom of ________________, fill in the blank, depends on it. It probably does...

Drown out the noise today and just vote!!! Blue is such a lovely and calming color. IJS...

Ask me how to get the t-shirt!!! 


NO EXCUSES!!! VOTE!!!!

1 comment: