Tuesday, August 19, 2014

His Feets' Should Be Tired...

In 2006 I invited Congressman John Lewis to be guest speaker at my law school graduation because I don't think we celebrate our heroes enough. In honor of celebrating our history, I wanted to be certain that a new generation and their Families would know who he was and what his sacrifices have been... Little did I know that soon we would relive the 60's for all the world to see and that my peers would learn who he was anyway. What in the hell is going on America?

If there is/was any doubt that we are moving backward as a nation, the events of late should remove all such doubt! Police dressed in military gear and conducting themselves in manners reminiscent of bull connor and other American terrorists from the 60's South; cops attacking peaceful protesters, arresting journalists, and killing Black folks like it is open season. And now we see John Lewis marching again. If this doesn't bring it home for you, nothing will... His feets' should be tired but he marches on still in search of his Beloved Community. Thank you still Mr. Lewis!!!

Play Video
Tonight I march in solidarity with those in #Ferguson because I believe the people have a right to orderly and peaceful protest.

No comments:

Post a Comment